- Annual day celebrated at MVGR
- Concerts you shouldn’t miss in 2024
- From Asia to Africa, India aids Global South growth
- You are not a limited edition, relive your childhood moments
- Casa Pop’s showcase at Artix Exhibition to celebrate women’s indomitable spirit
- No knowledge beyond Astagiri
- Just Two US Lawmakers for arms curbs on Israel
- Threads of silence: Sign language, an ancient legacy
- Collector launches PLCP
New Delhi: Rajnath Singh stresses on joint execution by 3 services
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday stressed upon the importance of joint planning and execution of operations by the three services
New Delhi : Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday stressed upon the importance of joint planning and execution of operations by the three services. He asked the commanders to enhance operational preparedness and examine the rapidly changing global geo-political situation and assess them in the Indian context.
He said new trends had emerged in the field of air warfare and there is a need to analyse and learn from them to strengthen the defence preparedness. He exhorted the Indian Air Force (IAF) to focus on strengthening the air defence systems, use of drones and making headway in the field of aerospace to protect India’s air domain.
“There are new challenges emanating from the global security scenario. We must always be ready to deal with them,” he said. The minister was briefed on the operational preparedness of the IAF by Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari.
Rajnath praised the stellar role played by the IAF during the recent Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief missions in Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim and other flood-affected areas.