- Sunil Kanugolu: Architect behind Congress' electoral triumph
- India among countries with most reported dengue deaths in 2023: Report
- Riding on anti-incumbency, Congress finally captures Telangana
- Ashok Gehlot resigns from Rajasthan Chief Minister’s post
- How Rahul Gandhi’s allegations against Adani Group backfired
- Sachin Tendulkar super impressed with Vicky’s acting prowess in ‘Sam Bahadur’
- Kriti Sanon debunks rumours of promoting trading platforms on ‘KWK’, calls it ‘fake news’
- PM Modi arrives at BJP headquarters
- Indira Krishnan enjoyed shooting with Rashmika, Ranbir for ‘Animal’
- People of New India votes on Performance Politics: Amit shah
Opposition to boycott Rajya Sabha till suspension of 8 members revoked: Ghulam Nabi Azad
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday said the opposition will boycott the proceedings of the House till the suspension of eight members is revoked.
New Delhi: Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday said the opposition will boycott the proceedings of the House till the suspension of eight members is revoked.
Speaking after the Zero Hour, Azad also demanded that the government brings a bill which should ensure private players don't procure food grains below the minimum support price (MSP) fixed by the government.
He also asked the government that the MSP should be fixed from time to time as the C2 Swaminathan formula.
As many as eight members of the Rajya Sabha were suspended on Monday after the government brought a motion in this regard which was passed by the House by voice vote.
These eight members were suspended for "unruly behaviour" during the passage of the two key farm bills that were passed on Sunday by Rajya Sabha amid chaos.