- Fire breaks out in Delhi apartment, two rescued
- Ex-India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Vidya Balan Takes Legal Action Against Fake Instagram Account
- K’taka govt suspends police officer for filing ‘false case’ against 40 lawyers
- MVV Satyanarayana's Padayatra in Visakhapatnam East Constituency Receives Great Response
- WPL: Sutherland will add a lot of firepower to our team, says DC captain Lanning
- Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate projects worth Rs 13,000 cr in Karnataka
- Amazon plans to launch low-priced fashion vertical 'Bazaar' in India
- Yashasvi gains big in ICC Test rankings after double ton in Rajkot
- PM to dedicate to nation 2 N-power reactors; Kakrapar plant 4 to be connected to grid soon
Over 1 billion saplings planted in UP during Yogi regime
Over one billion saplings have been planted in Uttar Pradesh during the regime of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath from 2017-18 to 2020-21
Lucknow: Over one billion saplings have been planted in Uttar Pradesh during the regime of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath from 2017-18 to 2020-21.
According to a state government spokesman, a massive greening drive has been undertaken in the state with the objective of climate change mitigation, clean air and carbon sequestration.
The year wise detail of plantations done by the government is as follows - in 2017-2018, the government planted 5.71 crore saplings while in 2018-2019 the saplings planted were 11.77 crores.
In 2019-2020, the number of saplings planted was 22.59 crore and 25.97 crore in the following year.
This year, the target plantation is 30 crore which adds up to 95.94 crore.
Over and above the departmental plantations, the citizens and farmers have also contributed to this drive and have planted over five crore saplings in last five years raising the tally of plantation of over one billion samplings.