Soldier killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
An Indian soldier was killed on Thursday in Pakistani firing on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district.
Jammu:An Indian soldier was killed on Thursday in Pakistani firing on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district.
Defence Ministry sources said the Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked shelling of mortars and firing with small arms to target Indian positions in the Sunderbani sector.
"The Pakistan ceasefire violation started early on Thursday morning. One soldier sustained critical injuries in the shelling and succumbed to the injuries. Our positions are effectively retaliating," an official said.
- Kerala witnesses heavy polling of 77.68 per cent votes; highest in 30 years
- Charges against CJI: Supreme Court asks IB, CBI, Delhi Police to look into evidence given
- Mayawati demands explanation on reservation from PM Modi
- PM Modi shares his likes, life moments with Akshay Kumar
- Modi biopic should be released after polls: Election Commission to Supreme Court