Stepmother too entitled for maintenance
The Chhattisgarh High Court has held that as per Section 2 (d) of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and...
The Chhattisgarh High Court has held that as per Section 2 (d) of the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 stepfather and stepmother are also "parents"
Dismissing the plea of a petitioner who is working as a government teacher and was ordered by the tribunal to pay a maintenance of Rs.10,000 per month to his stepmother, and who had pleaded his inability, Justice Sanjay A Agrawal said, " We should respect, serve and worship our parents." The Court also imposed a cost of Rs. 2,000 on the petitioner.
- MP government to reopen 12-year-old murder case against Pragya Thakur
- Why hesitate to declare DMK is with Congress? AIADMK asks MK Stalin
- Supreme Court refuses to set up special bench for ex-Kolkata top cop's plea
- Opposition insulting people's mandate by blaming EVMs: Naqvi
- Kamal Nath mocks exit polls as entertainment polls