- Hyderabad: CCMB researchers predict genetic diversity in an ancient arthropod group
- Senior BJP leaders to visit Telangana in June
- Tap connections: East Godavari secures 21st position in country
- Vijayawada: Kin of fire accident victims get financial assistance
- Hyderabad: Greens see red over unabated chopping of trees across city
- Machilipatnam: Finish medical college works by June-end, APMSIDC chief to officials
- YS Jagan rules out early polls in Andhra Pradesh
- Telangana BJP leaders welcome MSP hike of various crops
- 39% of women believe men calling their ex ‘crazy’ is a warning sign
- Hyderabad: Cancellation of trains
Uttrakhand Gets Its First Vande Bharat Express Train
- The first semi-high-speed Vande Bharat Express train in Uttarakhand, which runs from Dehradun to New Delhi, was essentially flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The Vande Bharat train, India's 17th and the first ever to operate through Uttarakhand, will make its inaugural run from Dehradun to the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi.
The first semi-high-speed Vande Bharat Express train in Uttarakhand, which runs from Dehradun to New Delhi, was essentially flagged off on Thursday at 11 a.m. by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
As part of his plan to develop more environmentally friendly modes of public transport and electrify train lines across the nation, PM Modi will also dedicate the freshly electrified rail line sections. As a result, the state's entire rail route will be entirely electrified.
The Vande Bharat train, India's 17th and the first ever to operate through Uttarakhand, will make its inaugural run from Dehradun to the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi. The train is outfitted with top-notch amenities, which, according to an official statement from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO), will usher in a new era of luxurious travel, particularly for visitors to the state. The train was produced domestically and contains Kavach technology and other cutting-edge safety features.
The regular operations of the Delhi-Dehradun Vande Bharat Express will start on May 29, according to IRCTC. In four hours and 45 minutes, the train will travel 302 kilometres. It will be open every day but Wednesday, six days a week. The first Vande Bharat for the state will leave Dehradun at 7:00 am and arrive at the Anand Vihar terminal in Delhi at 11:45 am. The second Vande Bharat will leave Anand Vihar at 05:50 pm and arrive in Dehradun at 10:35 pm. It would make stops in Meerut City, Muzaffarnagar, Saharanpur, Roorkee, and Haridwar while travelling.