- KCR to visit Nirmal today
- Hyderabad: Leaders express shock over Odisha train mishap
- Shivamogga: Education Minister says textbook revisions will be made
- Telangana celebrates Farmers Day
- District in-charge ministers list is out for entire State
- MLC Kavitha releases London Bonalu poster
- BDS students from AP in a dilemma: Students urge govt to hold practical exams in Telangana
- How to eat better
- Jagadgurus call on CM KCR
- Is mental health support a key element of inclusive work culture?
Social coordinators told to work for downtrodden
SC Corporation vice-chairman and managing director GSRKR Vijay Kumar conducted a review meeting with the social coordinators selected by the corporation in the district on Wednesday in Ongole.
Ongole: SC Corporation vice-chairman and managing director GSRKR Vijay Kumar conducted a review meeting with the social coordinators selected by the corporation in the district on Wednesday in Ongole.
He said that though there are many schemes available for the poor, only a few like loans for vehicles are being demanded by the beneficiaries. He asked the coordinators to give wide publicity to all schemes and see the beneficiaries ground the units and make a habit of repayment of the loans.
Vijay Kumar said that about 640 social coordinators were appointed in the 56 mandals of the district. He asked them to conduct a survey about the animal skin processors, sanitation workers in the village panchayats and municipal corporations, rag pickers, families of Haridasu, Jogini and Mathangis in the villages. They were asked to prepare action plans to uplift the families from SC category. The MD asked them to offer support to the downtrodden to get bank loans and ground the units without fail.