- Guddampally Venu Reddy Participates in YSR Asara Varotsavalu Grant Program in Hindupuram
- Trafficking survivors need livelihood opportunities
- Congress OBC state chief demands SCS for AP
- MVV Satyanarayana extends financial assistance to kin of deceased in Visakha
- YS Jagan to visit Visakhapatnam today to participate in Vision Visakha conference
- KCR announces candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- CM to dedicate Veligonda project to nation tomorrow
- JSP coordinators told to work for victory of TDP-JSP alliance
- Need to increase agri export stressed
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 5 March, 2024
Roll back CPS; PSS members demand
Rollback Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) immediately otherwise the Central and State government’s will face the ire of employees, warned leaders of Pension Sadhana Samithi (PSS).
Srikakulam: Rollback Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) immediately otherwise the Central and State government’s will face the ire of employees, warned leaders of Pension Sadhana Samithi (PSS).
The government employees of all the departments, including Central government, has been formed as Pension Sadhana Samithi and took out a massive rally and staged agitation in front of the Collectorate under the aegis of APNGOs and various Teachers’ Unions here on Saturday.
In all, 2,000 employees of all th departments participated in the agitation demanding CPS with immediate effect. Rally was started at NGOs Home near municipal office junction and reached the Collectorate where the employees staged agitation.
Speaking on the occasion, APNGOs state secretary and PSS State Committee representative N Chandra Sekhara Reddy found fault with the Central and State governments for introducing CPS which will hit financial benefits of small and marginal salaried employees of both the governments.
He demanded immediate rollback of the CPS, otherwise employees will teach a lesson to ruling parties at the Centre and in the state in the ensuing elections.
APNGO state leaders and PSS representatives Ch Purusottama Naidu, H SaiRam, G Giridhar, PR Employees’ Union state president Seepana Rammohan Rao, UTF leaders Ch Ravindra expressed happiness over good response from the employees for agitation against the CPS.