Awareness programme on HIV or AIDS held in Vijayawada
The Red Ribbon Club RRC of Maris Stella College in collaboration with Indian Red Cross Society conducted an awareness programme on HIV AIDS, TB, Leprosy and blood donation
Vijayawada: The Red Ribbon Club (RRC) of Maris Stella College in collaboration with Indian Red Cross Society conducted an awareness programme on HIV/AIDS, TB, Leprosy and blood donation.
Addressing the gathering, the college principal Dr Sr Jasintha Quadras stressed on taking balanced diet by students and said awareness should be created among students on communicable and non communicable diseases and how to prevent them.
The Chief Guest of the programme, TVSN Sastry, District Medical and Health Officer, TB Leprosy Centre, Krishna District, said that AIDS spreads through unsafe sex, blood transmission from infected person, contaminated syringes and from mother to child.
By continuous medication, healthy diet, completely stopping consumption of alcohol and smoking to a greater extent the disease can be controlled and managed to increase the life span of the patient.
Youth Red Cross Society general secretary I Ravi, Nitya Jeeva Prada coordinator, RRC, Annamma, Regional coordinator, Red Cross Society, Dr Kiran, Secretary, members of Red Ribbon Club of Maris Stella College, Dr Asha Kumari, Dr K Swaroop Kumar, Dr Rajendra Prasad, Glory, Lasina and BSc CBZ and Biotechnology students were present.
- Bringing back IAF pilot in 2 days from Pak was major success: Sushma Swaraj
- Virtual SIMs used in Pulwama terror attack; India to approach U.S. for help
- Kanhaiya Kumar to contest from Begusarai as CPI candidate
- Dancer Sapna Choudhary flips, says hasn't joined Congress
- War of words breaks out between Sushma Swaraj, Pakistan minister over abduction of Hindu girls in Sindh