- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Counselling for rowdy-sheeters held in Bhimavaram
The police conducted counselling for persons with criminal background at One Town police station here on Thursday
Bhimavaram: The police conducted counselling for persons with criminal background at One Town police station here on Thursday.
The rowdy-sheeters in the town were summoned at the police station.
Speaking on the occasion, Circle Inspector P Chandrasekara Rao warned them of stern action if they create troubles to people.
He expressed concern that while the total number of rowdy-sheeters is 209 in Narsapuram sub-division, in Bhimavaram alone there are 142 rowdy-sheeters.
It was unfortunate that the anti-social elements raised their head in the town which is known for peaceful living.
He appealed to people to complain about offenders if they face any problem with them in the police stations concerned in the town.
He warned the rowdy-sheeters of expulsion from the town, they failed to correct their attitude.
They should stay away from settlements, offences in banks, attacks against children and women, he advised.