NMDC Q3 net down by 59%
The board of directors of NMDC Ltd has declared an interim dividend at the rate of (950%) Rs 9.50 per equity share of face value of Rs 1 each for the financial year 2015-16, amount to Rs 3,766 crore.
The company board declares an interim dividend at `9.50 a share
Hyderabad: The board of directors of NMDC Ltd has declared an interim dividend at the rate of (950%) Rs 9.50 per equity share of face value of Rs 1 each for the financial year 2015-16, amount to Rs 3,766 crore. The company said in a release that the interim dividend declared shall be paid/dispatched as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013.
It has posted 58.8 per cent decline in standalone net profit at Rs 655.04 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2015, due to fall in iron ore prices. The net profit is of Rs 1,593.01 crore in the year-ago period.
Even the net sales also declined 48.5 per cent to Rs 1,517.19 crore during the quarter compared to Rs 2,944.39 crore in the year ago period, company release said.
The company had cut the prices of ore by Rs 300 to Rs 1,800 a tonne in December due to subdued demand and weak global cues. Considering the global iron ore supply-demand scenario, analysts had predicted a downward revision in prices by NMDC.
- Playing politics on dead bodies: Farmer rejects Hardik's copter to land on his farm
- Stay away from Indian elections, we don't need your advice: Ram Madhav on Imran Khan
- Biopic on PM Modi a joke, comedy film should be made: Urmila Matondkar
- Not going to retire; will be by Rahul's side when he becomes PM: Gowda
- Used to hit me with belt day, night: Sadhvi breaks down recalling 'torture'