- Siblings killed in road accident in Hanamkonda
- Russia reports heavy fighting in Zaporizhzhia region of Ukraine
- How to use WhatsApp Channels and all details
- National Donald Duck Day
- Safety is a feeling that needs to be experienced, say Bengalureans
- Machilipatnam: Port focal point for development, says Perni Nani
- Five signs of a healthy menstrual cycle you shouldn’t ignore
- Lakshmi Manchu on Vaishno Devi: ‘Spirituality beyond mortal understanding’
- Illegal mining case: ED raids 27 locations in Bihar & Jharkhand
- Scream to exhale - Spanish Yoga instructor tells jail inmates
PM Modi launches Kisan scheme, over 1 crore farmers get 1st instalment
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme transferring the first instalment of Rs 2,000 each to over one crore farmers
PM-KISAN scheme under which Rs 6,000 per year will be given in three instalments to 12 cr small and marginal farmers.
Lucknow: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday launched the ambitious Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme transferring the first instalment of Rs 2,000 each to over one crore farmers.
Launching the scheme from Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur, the prime minister said the first instalment of money under the scheme has been deposited in accounts of 1.01 crore farmers and those who didn't get it on Sunday will get it in due course.
"This is your money and no one will be able to take it from you," he told the farmers.
The prime minister said the scheme has been made foolproof so that no one can take away the right of the farmers.
There is no role of middleman in this scheme, he said.
In the interim Budget 2019-20, the central government had announced the PM-KISAN scheme under which Rs 6,000 per year will be given in three instalments to 12 crore small and marginal farmers holding cultivable land up to two hectares.