- Twitter bans over 25 lakh accounts in India; Know why
- Elon Musk Reclaims Position as World’s Richest Person After Bernard Arnault’s Louis Vuitton Shares Drop
- 'Muslim League Is A Secular Party,' Says Rahul Gandhi
- Foxconn to start manufacturing iPhones in Bengaluru in April 2024
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 02 June 2023
- ELCINA heartily welcomes MeitY’s revised initiative to Re-Open Scheme for investments in Semiconductors
- Google introduces new 'reading practice' feature for play books
- President Draupadi Murmu and PM Modi extends Telangana formation day wishes
- Indian-Origin Teen Won US Spelling Bee 2023
- YS Jagan distributes tractors and harvesters under YSR Yantra Seva scheme
'1982 - A Love Marriage' release date pushed to 11th March
Romantic comedy, \'1982 - A Love Marriage\', will now be releasing on March 11, instead of the earlier date of February 26, due to the struggle to get enough screens for release.
Romantic comedy, '1982 - A Love Marriage', will now be releasing on March 11, instead of the earlier date of February 26, due to the struggle to get enough screens for release.
"We were one of the first to book the release date of February 26 and were pleased to have that date. But one film after another started announcing the same date as release date, leaving us in a dilemma. Moreover, when we started negotiating with the exhibitors, we were shocked with the marginal screen space they were offering. We had no choice but to shift the date," jointly cleared by creative team.
'Aligarh', an internationally acclaimed film with popular actors like Manoj Bajpayee and Rajkummar Rao, and 'Tere Bin Laden : Dead Or Alive', a sequel to a popular film, are slated for a February 26 release. At the same time, smaller films like 'Love Shagun' and 'Bollywood Diaries' are also releasing the same day.
Producer Shivkumar Sharma told media, "We don't have the exorbitant budgets, strategies or stars to compete with the bigger films like 'Aligarh' and 'Tere Bin Laden : Dead Or Alive'. Our actual competition was with the smaller films, but we are disappointed that even without seeing our film's trailer or our content, the exhibitors have given preference to them.
We have made a very simple film with a lot of heart and passion.We didn't want our film to get lost in the crowd, so we have selected a better date. This also offers us a bit more time and space to promote our film and have more screens."
The film still doesn't' have a free run, clashing with Himesh Reshammiya's 'Teraa Surroor'.
'1982 - A Love Marriage' stars Amitkumar Sharma and Omna Harjani and is produced by ShivKumar Sharma.