- Tirumala Brahmotsavams: Lord Venkateswara Swamy appears on Surya Prabha Vahanam
- Chinta demands 33% quota for women in TTD
- Hangzhou declares Games open
- Family-Friendly Outdoor Charm of New Orleans
- Gold rates in Delhi today surges, check the rates on 23 September, 2023
- Indian men, women canter into pre-quarters
- Every decade a women’s dressing style changes
- Praasa Mani delivers lecture on ‘Prakruti odilo parisramalu’
- Aloe can provide immediate relief for your infant
- TDP stages novel protest against Naidu’s arrest
Amitabh, Aishwarya break silence on Panama Papers expose
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Tuesday denied links with any of the offshore shipping companies in which he is supposed to be a director according to the leaked \"Panama Papers\".
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Tuesday denied links with any of the offshore shipping companies in which he is supposed to be a director according to the leaked "Panama Papers".
"I do not know any of the companies referred to by Indian Express - Sea Bulk Shipping Company Ltd, Lady Shipping Ltd, Treasure Shipping Ltd and Tramp Shipping Ltd," the actor said in a statement.
"I have never been a director of any of the above stated companies," he said. "It is possible that my name has been misused."
Amitabh added: "I have paid all my taxes, including on monies spent by me overseas. Monies that I have remitted overseas have been in compliance with law, including remittances through LRS, after paying Indian taxes.
"In any event the news report in Indian Express does not even suggest any illegality on my part."
The "Panama Papers" -- based on an investigation by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and over 100 other news organisations around the world -- is a global list revealing offshore links of over 500 Indians, including Amitabh and his star daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
In India, The Indian Express released pages of the investigation reports, alleging among other names that Amitabh and Aishwarya were directors in companies in Panama.
Aishwarya's media adviser told the newspaper that the information was false.