- Amit Shah arrives in Amritsar for Northern Zonal Council meeting
- Calcutta HC allows DA protest rally in front of Abhishek Banerjee’s office
- We do not have water to release as much as TN has asked for says DCM DK Shivakumar
- Congress dubs PM Modi as a “certified liar”, says BJP conceded defeat before polls
- PlayStation India Announces PS5 Cricket24 Bundle; Launch Date and Details
- AP High Court reserves verdict on Naidu's bail plea in Angallu riots case
- Over 90,000 US visas for Indian students, third year in a row
- TN to hold 1,000 medical camps to screen dengue from Oct 1
- Bandi Sanjay defends Guv, says BRS targeting her
- Medical negligence case: Another hospital in UP's Amethi loses licence
Kangana Ranaut Is a Fine Actress Says, Abhishek Sharma
Filmmaker Abhishek Sharma says the Kangana Ranaut is a fine actor and he has high hopes about ManikarnikaAbhishek Sharma was interacting with the media at the special screening of Manikarnika The Queen of Jhansi along with Shreya Dhanwanthary and Ahmed Khan on Thursday in Mumbai
Filmmaker Abhishek Sharma says the Kangana Ranaut is a fine actor and he has high hopes about Manikarnika.
Abhishek Sharma was interacting with the media at the special screening of ‘Manikarnika – The Queen of Jhansi’ along with Shreya Dhanwanthary and Ahmed Khan on Thursday in Mumbai.
Talking about Kangana Ranaut starrer ‘Manikarnika – The Queen of Jhansi’, Sharma said, “The film is based on Queen of Jhansi Laxmibai. She is my favorite. I had done play on Queen of Jhansi during my theatres days in National School of Drama so, I am really looking forward to this adaption and this narrative of Queen of Jhansi”
Kangana Ranaut has turned director with her upcoming release, when asked Sharma whether he feels that she will become a good director, he said, “I feel anybody who can narrate a story then, that individual can direct a film. I think Kangana is very fine actress. I know she has interest in screenplay writing and she is very much into filmmaking so, I have high hopes from her and I think she will be good.”
Filmmaker Abhishek Sharma also added that now that the Bollywood is making content driven cinema, the film industry should give more emphasis on production.
He said, “I feel the production is a very important aspect of filmmaking especially now, when we are making content-driven cinema so, we have to make those films on a certain budget with production values...We need to invest more towards production people like we have started investing towards writers in the industry. Being a writer myself, I am seeing a good growth in that department similarly I feel we should support production”
Abhishek Sharma has directed comedy films like Tere Bin Laden (2010), its sequel Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive (2016) and The Shaukeens (2014), Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran (2018) and currently he is busy with “The Zoya Factor”.
The Zoya Factor stars Dulquer Salmaan and Sonam Kapoor in the leading roles and the shooting for the same has commenced.