- Warangal: K Chandrasekhar Rao paved way for prosperity of fishermen says Aroori Ramesh
- Why should you choose us for fertility treatments?
- Union minister launches rail coach restaurant in Vizag
- Jagtial: MLA Sanjay lays foundation for development works
- Warangal: Kaloji cancels admissions of seven AP students
- Gadwal: Shunt out ‘most corrupt’ commissioner, civic leaders demand
- VPA inks pact with AP Greening and Beautification Corp
- An Open Letter to Samantha Ruth Prabhu
- Bhadrachalam: Woman head constable washed away in drain
- Nalgonda: Rigorous 5-hr search by Anti Corruption Bureau at Tehsildar’s office
Seema netas lack will to develop region : Gaddar
Paritala Sriramulu statue unveiled at Eguvapalli village Anantapur: Popular balladeer Gaddar unveiled the statue of Paritala Sriramulu at Eguvapalli...
Paritala Sriramulu statue unveiled at Eguvapalli village
Anantapur: Popular balladeer Gaddar unveiled the statue of Paritala Sriramulu at Eguvapalli village in Ramagiri mandal. Paying rich tributes to Paritala Sriramulu, Gaddar said he fought on the side of poor people against the land lords and became a martyr.
Gaddar said that the development of Rayalaseema region was possible only with the completion of pending irrigation projects in the region. He he said that even though several Chief Ministers of the state hailed from the region, it was still backward as the leaders lacked the will to develop it. He called upon the government to immediately complete the pending irrigation projects and uplift the region.
The balladeer said the union government should call off the Green Hunt campaign launched to eliminate Maoists in Chhattisgarh, and said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should realise that they could never root out Maoists with such actions. While supporting the Maoists attack on Congress leaders, he regretted the loss of innocent lives in the crossfire.
Tankasala Ashok, Resident Editor, The Hans India, said that Sriramulu lived in the hearts of the poor people. He opined that the demands for separate state were raised in Rayalaseema because of lack of development in the region and cited the example of Telangana. TDP MLA Paritala Sunita, Arunodaya Rama Rao, film director Shankar, MLAs Paritala Sunita, Pardhasaradhi, TDP politburo member K Srinivasulu, CPI district Secretary Jagadish and others participated in the programme.