Ganja smuggling on the rise in Adilabad district
Two ganja smuggling cases have been registered in a span of one week and 22 kg of ganja was seized from Chittidari in Khanapur during an excise raid.
Adilabad: Two ganja smuggling cases have been registered in a span of one week and 22 kg of ganja was seized from Chittidari in Khanapur during an excise raid.
Series of excise raids held led to the arrest of five and recovery of ganja worth Rs 2 lakh from them.
According to the excise officials, a few ganja smugglers made Adilabad as nucleus for smuggling ganja to Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra. Ganja smuggling has been going on through trains and porous borders of the State with the neighbouring states.
The officials estimated that ganja worth Rs 5 crore was being smuggled from Adilabad to other places. Excise Deputy Commissioner Ramesh Rajam said that the names of those, who furnish details of ganja smuggling, would be kept under wraps.
He said 15 cases of ganja smuggling were registered in 2016. In Sirpur, Bellampally and Kagaznagar, the smuggling is going on at a brisk pace. The narcotic is being exported to UP from Kagaz Nagar.
- Exit Poll Results 2019 Live Updates: NDA set to return to power, predict most exit polls
- NDA tipped to retain power at the Centre: Exit polls on TV
- Rahul Gandhi tells Karnataka leaders to behave, avoid coalition troubles
- Three dead as SUV hits a truck
- Madhya Pradesh woman dies of cardiac arrest while waiting to vote