- Kerala govt suspends College Dean in student death case
- BJP's Pawan Singh not to contest from Asansol, opts out
- IWD 2024: Top 5 Indian Women on International Podium
- Shehbaz Sharif elected Pakistan Prime Minister
- Demand for key minerals to soar with growth of EVs
- Punjab sees 15.69pc increase in GST: Minister
- Dibyendu Bhattacharya loves collecting souvenirs from film sets
- Annual working hours in S. Korea drops to 200: Report
- 12 states in next 10 days: PM Modi's gruelling schedule shows BJP in 'Mission 370' mode
- Six-year-old girl raped by teenager in UP village
Officials told to make success of awareness drive on Sub-plan
Karimnagar: District Collector Smita Sabharwal directed the officials to make the proposed awareness programme on SC and ST Sub-plan Act...
Karimnagar: District Collector Smita Sabharwal directed the officials to make the proposed awareness programme on SC and ST Sub-plan Act implementation a grand success in the district. It may be noted that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy officially launched the implementation of SC and ST Sub-Plan Act in West Godavari district on Friday. Andhra Pradesh was the first State in the country to legislate the SC and ST Sub-plan Act and the programme was named as ' Indiramma Kalalu' (dreams of Indira Gandhi). The district administration has decided to conduct an awareness programme on SC and ST Sub-plan Act implementation from April 8 to 30 in the district. On the occasion, District Collector Smita Sabharwal held a meeting with officials concerned at Zilla Parishad Office here on Saturday. Addressing the meeting, Smita Sabharwal directed the officials to prepare an action plan with regard to the time and venue of the programme and send invitations to the elected representatives and the local MLAs in their respective areas. She also asked the officials to utilise the services of folk artists for propagating the importance of SC and ST Sub-plan Act and prepare a schedule for organising their programmes in the villages. Joint Collector H Arun Kumar, Zilla Parishad CEO Chakradhar Rao, DRDA Project Director J Shankaraiah, In-charge DPO Sangeetha Laxmi, DWAMA Additional Projector Srinivas and other officials were present.