- India draw a blank at World Athletics Indoor Championships
- Yogi govt set to launch scheme for youth
- IVPL: 'Playing alongside good players, boosts your confidence', says VVIP UP batter Anshul Kapoor
- BRS MLA Tellam Venkatarao meets CM Revanth Reddy, discusses on development issues
- AI-enabled advanced hearing aids may help people with hearing loss
- Amid ruckus, polling underway to elect new Pakistan PM
- Modi govt failed to realise ‘Make in India’: Kharge
- Court extends Sisodia, Sanjay’s judicial custody
- LG sanctions CBI probe against Satyendar Jain
- Can Ponnam fulfill promise of merging Husnabad with Karimnagar?
Gangula Kamalakar to join TRS on April 25
Karimnagar: Telugu Desam Party legislator Gangula Kamalakar is all set to join the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Karimnagar town on April 25. ...
Karimnagar: Telugu Desam Party legislator Gangula Kamalakar is all set to join the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) in Karimnagar town on April 25. Kamalakar, who represents Karimnagar Assembly constituency, has recently announced that he will be joining the TRS in protest against an ambiguous stand on the Telangana issue taken by his party chief Nara Chandrababu Naidu.A As part of it, Kamalakar has decided to organise a mass meeting at Circus Grounds in Karimnagar town for his formal joining in the TRS.
On Saturday, he along with TRS MLA Koppula Eshwar, TRS district president Eeda Shankar Reddy and scores of the party leaders released a poster with regard to the public meeting. Speaking on the occasion, MLA Koppula Eshwar said that Gangula Kamalar would formally join the party in the presence of TRS party chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on April 25 and scores of senior party leaders were expected to attend the meeting on that day.
He further said that the elected representatives of TDP and Congress from Telangana region should take an inspiration from Gangula Kamalakar and support only those parties that were striving for the cause of Telangana State. TRS district president Eeda Shankar Reddy said that many leaders from the ruling Congress and other principal parties were planning to join their party soon and the TRS was also ready to welcome those leaders who plan to fight for the Telangana cause.
Gangula Kamalakar alleged that the TDP was not supporting the Telangana cause whole-heartedly and the people were questioning the credibility of TDP on Telangana issue. A "I had to take this decision in tune with the people's aspirations," he said.
TRS leaders said that TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao would attend the public meeting on April 25 and appealed to the people to make the proposed meeting a grand success.