- Guntur: Police arrest agitating BJP leaders
- Finally, light at the end of the tunnel: All 41 workers rescued safely
- Silent period begins: After campaigning ends, parties begin poll micro management
- Marpu Kavali, Congress Ravali: Sonia to voters
- GEF-UNIDO team discusses progress of projects in Vijayawada
- Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
- Will make Telangana great: Hat-trick seeking KCR turns philosophical
- BJP, BRS became rich parties by looting public money: Priyanka
- Rahul fires salvo at Asad for conniving with saffron party
- Bhimavaram: QualiZeal signs MoU with Sri Vishnu institutions
Man kills wife in dowry harassment
Karimnagar: In a dowry harassment case, a woman was killed by her husband in Veenavanka mandal in the district two days ago and the issue came to...
Karimnagar: In a dowry harassment case, a woman was killed by her husband in Veenavanka mandal in the district two days ago and the issue came to light on Monday. The victim was identified as Dubbala Komala (18). According to sources, Dubbala Komala of Pothireddypet village in Veenavanka mandal got married to Kumar of Vilasagar village in Jammikunta mandal about a year ago. Kumar has been working as a labourer at FCI.
At the time of marriage, he was given Rs 1.20 lakh, two sovereigns of gold and other articles as dowry. He along with his sister and mother used to harass Komala demanding more dowry. Village elders conducted counseling meetings in this regard. The woman went to her parents’ house on August 8. Kumar went to his in-laws house and was returning on August 10. When they came to a lonely place near Manair Vagu between the villages, he strangulated her and hurriedly buried her. After questioning about their daughter, Kumar showed the place and fled. Police registered a case on Monday and took up investigation.