- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Couple attempt suicide over police harassment
A couple unable to deal with the police harassment attempted suicide in Mathukupalli village of Savalyapuram mandal in Guntur district on Monday
A couple unable to deal with the police harassment attempted suicide in Mathukupalli village of Savalyapuram mandal in Guntur district on Monday.
Reports suggest that Ramisetty Srinivas Rao had a fight with a person from the village recently and a complaint was lodged against him in Savalyapuram police station a few days later.
It is learned that the Sub-Inspector at the station, Suresh ill-treated Srinivas Rao. Depressed over the situation, he took his wife Naga Lakshmi and headed to Vinukonda to commit suicide. They later met their kids at a school and resumed their journey to a temple near Madhamanchipadu and consumed poison.
Locals found the couple and alerted the police. They were shifted to inukonda hospital and their condition is said to be stable.
Upon coming to know of the incident, YSRCP Vinukonda in charge Bolla Brahma Naidu visited the hospital and consoled the couple. He even ordered an immediate probe into the SI's misbehaviour.