Army jawan injured due to ceasefire violation in J-K's Kupwara
An Army jawan was injured on Tuesday due to ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmirs Kupwara district in Tangdhar sector
Kupwara (Jammu and Kashmir): An Army jawan was injured on Tuesday due to ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district in Tangdhar sector.
Following the ceasefire violation, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Kupwara confirmed that "the army jawan received splinter injury and has been taken for medical treatment. The incident took place at Anil Post at the Line of Control (LoC) Tangdhar in Kupwara district of North Kashmir"
Further details in this matter are awaited.
This violation was the second one in the last few hours as Pakistani forces previously resorted to unprovoked firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kamalkote sector of Baramullah district's Uri. Of late the incidents of ceasefire violations have been on the rise.
Earlier in the month, Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre, in a statement, had informed that there were 152 cases of ceasefire violations in 2015, which rose to 228 and 860 in 2016 and 2017 respectively. He had further stated that 942 cases of ceasefire violations had already been reported till July 23, 2018.
- NDA attacks Tejashwi after he fails to vote, RJD blames it on wrong photo
- Rahul, Priyanka worked hard; Congress will prove to be strong Opposition: Shiv Sena
- BJP would get me killed by my own PSO one day like Indira Gandhi: Kejriwal
- Karnataka Congress leader appeals Muslims to 'join hands' with BJP if need arises
- Chandrababu Naidu, 21 opposition party leaders to meet EC today