- Telangana polls: Prohibitory orders imposed, liquor shops shut
- Do this if you don't have voter ID card
- MLA promises to complete overhead tank works
- Telangana Teachers’ Sangam files writ in HC seeking direction to EC to issue postal ballots
- Give a chance to Cong to see real development: Yashaswini
- KCR will certainly score a hat-trick win: KTR
- Arrangements at place for Assembly polling
- Charlie Munger, closest aide of Warren Buffet, dies at 99
- Jagan brought equality with Jagananna colonies: Rajini
- Five Indian States On High Alert As China's Respiratory Illness Surge Sparks Preparedness Review
Uttam Kumar Reddy appeals for success of 'Bharat Bandh' today
Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee TPCC president Capt N Uttam Kumar Reddy has appealed the people to support the Bharat Bandh call given by Congress party on Monday against the rising prices of petrol and diesel
Hyderabad: Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) president Capt. N. Uttam Kumar Reddy has appealed the people to support the 'Bharat Bandh' call given by Congress party on Monday against the rising prices of petrol and diesel.
Addressing a meeting with Assembly Coordinators of Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Malkajgiri, Chevella and Medak Lok Sabha constituencies at Gandhi Bhavan on Sunday, Uttam Kumar Reddy said that the rising prices of petrol and diesel are hitting the common man hard. While the BJP Government at the Centre took no measures to control the prices, TRS Government in Telangana increased the sufferings of common man by levying new taxes. He said the taxes on petrol and diesel imposed by TRS Government in Telangana are not applied anywhere else in the country. Therefore, he said that the Congress party has decided to take the battle against rising petrol and diesel prices to streets.
Uttam Kumar Reddy directed all Congress leaders and workers to actively participate in the 'Bharat Bandh'. He also spoke to District Congress Committee (DCC) Presidents and other important leaders asking them to ensure participation of entire cadre in the protest. The Congress workers will also burn the effigies of Modi and KCR Governments on Monday to express their protest.
AICC Secretary N.S. Bose and other senior leaders also addressed the meeting.