- PM Narendra Modi visit to Mahbubnagar and Nizamabad, here is the schedule finalised
- Visakhapatnam: GITAM inks pact with Botanic Healthcare
- New Delhi: Danish Ali writes to PM Narendra Modi, calls for ‘suitable punishment’
- Visakhapatnam: Chopper to throw seed balls in hilly areas
- Visakhapatnam: Cops bust betting racket, arrest 11
- Congested Poorna Market road to be widened
- New Delhi: India’s stand on Galwan made world take note of us says Army chief General Manoj Pande
- Pawan Kalyan’s Varahi Yatra from tomorrow
- New Delhi: Bail granted to accused in narcotics case
- SP Jagadeesh inspects black spots on highway
Telangana assembly election: AIMIM releases first list of candidates
All India Majlis EIttehadul Muslimeen AIMIM on Tuesday released its first list of seven candidates for the Telangana Legislative Assembly elections
Hyderabad: All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) on Tuesday released its first list of seven candidates for the Telangana Legislative Assembly elections.
According to the list, Mumtaz Khan will contest from Charminar, while Syed Ahmed Pasha Quadri will represent AIMIM from the Yakutpura constituency.
The remaining candidates - Akbaruddin Owaisi (Chandrayangutta), Mohd Moazam Khan (Bahadurpura), Ahmed Bin Abdullah Balala (Malakpet), Jaffer Hussain Meraj (Nampally) and Kausar Mohiuddin (Karwan) - have retained their past constituencies.
This comes after the Telangana Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Rajat Kumar on Monday briefed senior officials of Election Commission of India (ECI) about the preparatory work in Telangana.
A team of ECI officials, headed by Umesh Sinha, senior deputy Election Commissioner, will visit Hyderabad today, and will later give the report to the Election Commission after completing the visit.
On September 6, Telangana Governor ESL Narasimhan had dissolved the state assembly following a recommendation from the K Chandrashekhar Rao-led cabinet. The Governor, however, asked Rao to continue as caretaker Chief Minister until the new government was formed.