- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
Transfusion Medicine wing started in KGH.
The longawaited Transfusion Medicine Department was inaugurated by Collector and Hospital Development Committee Chairman Pravin Kumar inaugurated at King George Hospital KGH today The newly established department is wellequipped with advanced technology Transfusion medicine is the branch of medicine that is concerned with transfusion of blood and its components Transfusion is more than a sing
The long-awaited Transfusion Medicine Department was inaugurated by Collector and Hospital Development Committee Chairman Pravin Kumar inaugurated at King George Hospital KGH today. The newly established department is well-equipped with advanced technology. Transfusion medicine is the branch of medicine that is concerned with transfusion of blood and its components. Transfusion is more than a single discrete event- it is a process. The transfusion chain begins with donor considerations.
Once blood is collected, the safety of the blood product is a focus of activity (infectious disease testing, compatibility testing, necessary modifications such as irradiation or leucocyte reduction). The endpoint of the transfusion process involves recipient considerations (proper identification of the unit and the patient, appropriateness of blood as the best treatment modality, administration of the unit and post-transfusion evaluation of the patient).
Speaking on the occasion, the collector said that with the new facility in the biggest hospital in the region would help the hundreds of patients in the emergency times. The patients who are admitting with various serious disorders, now no need to worry about blood needs and the department would take care of all the blood-related issues in the department. Superintendent of KGH Dr. G. Arjuna, Principal of Andhra Medical College Dr.P.V.Sudhakar and senior professors were present.