- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Civil Supplies Dept purchase 5.74 Lakh MT paddy
Civil Supplies Department set target of purchasing 34 Lakh Metric Tons LMTs of paddy in this Kharif season and making arrangement to set up 3233 Paddy Procurement Centers PPCs, said Commissioner for Civil Supplies Akun Sabharwal
Hyderabad: Civil Supplies Department set target of purchasing 34 Lakh Metric Tons (LMTs) of paddy in this Kharif season and making arrangement to set up 3233 Paddy Procurement Centers (PPCs), said Commissioner for Civil Supplies Akun Sabharwal
The Commissioner conducted review meeting on Kharif Paddy Procurement with DCSOs at Civil Supplies Bhavan, Somajiguda on Monday. He said, till now from 1491 PPCs 5.74 LMT paddy is purchased from 84,624 farmers. Rs. 465.55 Crores have deposited in farmers account for their paddy at Minimum Support Price.
In review meeting, he discussed the situation on rain affected Nalgonda, Suryapet, Yadadri and Nizamabad districts. He gave instructions to officials to take all necessary measures to ensure farmers sell their paddy at MSP without facing any difficulty.
PPCs should be equipped with like moisture meters, paddy cleaners, winnowing machines, electronic weighing machines and basic facilities like providing drinking water and wash rooms.