- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Mortal remains of Ananth Kumar consigned to flames
The mortal remains of Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar were consigned to flames with full state honours here Tuesday
Bengaluru: The mortal remains of Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar were consigned to flames with full state honours here Tuesday.
The funeral pyre was lit by Kumar's younger brother Nanda Kumar, who performed the last rites according to Smartha Brahmin traditions, amidst chanting of Vedic hymns by priests at the Chamarajapete cremation ground. Chants of "Amar rahe, amar rahe, Ananth Kumar amar rahe" and "Bharat mata ki jai" rent the air as leaders paid homage and the mortal remains were consigned to flames.
Veteran BJP leader and former deputy prime minister L K Advani, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, BJP chief Amit Shah, and state party chief B S Yeddyurappa were present. Also in attendance were Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Mahesh Sharma, Vijay Goel and Sadananda Gowda.
The 59-year old Bangalore South MP, breathed his last during the early hours on Monday at the Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre. He was under care at the hospital after returning home in October following treatment in the US and Britain.