Rahul Gandhi To Flag Off Congress Gujarat Campaign With Rally Tomorrow
Congress president Rahul Gandhi will kick off his partys Lok Sabha poll campaign in Gujarat on Thursday by addressing a public rally in Valsad district
AHMEDABAD:Congress president Rahul Gandhi will kick off his party's Lok Sabha poll campaign in Gujarat on Thursday by addressing a public rally in Valsad district.
Rahul Gandhi will address the "Jan Akrosh Rally" at Laldungri village in Valsad on Thursday afternoon, party spokesperson Manish Doshi said.
This will be Mr Gandhi's first visit to Gujarat after the 2017 Assembly polls in which he campaigned vigorously, travelling across the length and breadth of the state.
While the BJP returned to power in the state in 2017 by winning 99 seats in the 182-member Assembly, the Congress managed to increase its tally from 60 to 77.
To boost its cadre, the Congress is also likely to organise its working committee meet in Ahmedabad before the Lok Sabha elections, a party source said.
The Congress had drawn a blank in the state in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections when the BJP won all 26 seats.
The opposition party had won 11 seats in the state in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
- Rahul Gandhi's resignation turned down by the Congress party as collective responsibility
- Only three women made it to Arunachal Pradesh Assembly this year
- Debt ridden farmer kills self in Rajasthan
- Rahul Gandhi offers resignation from president post at CWC meeting
- Narendra Modi to meet President Kovind in evening to stake claim to form new government