- Wedding season expected to boost vehicle sales: FADA
- Q-Line Biotech (POCT Group) establishes medical equipment manufacturing unit in Lucknow
- BJP MLA Yatnal's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- National Microwave Oven Day 2023: Date, history and significance
- Get ready for Parliament elections...State Chief Election officer Lokesh Kumar
- Indian Coast Guard Executes Rescue Mission in Karwar Retrieves 27 Stranded Fishermen Safely from the Arabian Sea
- Nations must come up with clear signal for terminal decline of fossil fuel era
- X now lets you broadcast community posts to all followers on iOS
- Google pulls 17 deceptive Android loan apps targeting users in India, other nations
- Non-MagSafe Chargers Now Capable of Fast-Charging Recent iPhones
Seat-sharing talks with DMDK in final stages: Minister
The ruling AIADMK on Tuesday said seatsharing negotiations with actorpolitician Vijayakants Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam DMDK were in the final stages
Chennai: The ruling AIADMK on Tuesday said seat-sharing negotiations with actor-politician Vijayakant's Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) were in the final stages.
The DMDK and the AIADMK have been holding seat-sharing talks since last month, even as the AIADMK has clinched poll pacts with the BJP and the PMK. Talking to reporters here, Fisheries minister D Jayakumar said he and Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam had met Vijayakanth at his residence.
"Based on our interaction (with Vijayakanth), the (seat-sharing) talks are in the final stages", he said. Meanwhile, the DMDK conducted an emergency meeting led by Vijayakanth, along with senior functionaries, at the party head office on Tuesday.
The party is likely to take a call on the alliance, probably with the AIADMK, even as the DMK has concluded its seat-sharing agreements, virtually closing the door for any more prospective allies. The DMK too had held talks with the DMDK.