Inspiring officer, motivational speaker
Inspiring Officer, Motivational Speaker. I remember telling the officer this was not the best way of dealing with it. I don't like distinctions based on gender,” says Dr Sultana.
Fighting against all odds and coming up triumphant has been Major Dr Sultana Khan’s story. Born in a conservative family, her parents did not want to send her to school; today she is an inspiration to over two hundred girl cadets of four wings of NCC: Army, Navy, R and V regiment since 1995. A lecturer at Anwar ul loom college, she has been a source of encouragement to thousands of students.
Combative and not one to buckle under pressure she fought her way up the ladder. From almost losing her position in NCC for spending much time at the Officer Training Corps to being mocked at for taking up so-called ‘men only’ jobs she has had to tackle taboo and stereotype to emerge and prove herself.
- BJP asks Rahul to come clean on his citizenship, qualification
- Modi regime is of 'dictatorial governance', says D Raja
- Rajinikanth gets inked on the right hand, authorities sought a report
- Modi lashes out at Mamata Banerjee, says she lost her sleep just after two phases of polling
- Bangalore logs a turnout of 54.1%, worse than 2014 polls, which was 56%