- Shveta Rani, the latest dreamer from Alakhpura
- India should now move to higher poverty line: Author of Brookings report
- Navigating Ramadan: Finding Harmony Between Technology and Spirituality
- Navigating the first trimester
- WPL 2024: We are still in it but have got some work to do, says Gujarat Giants’ coach Klinger
- 'India has eliminated extreme poverty,' claims US think-tank; says 'decline in 11 yrs comparable to past 30 yrs'
- YSRCP to announce manifesto during Bapatla Siddham meeting
- Polio Day 2024: Benefits of polio vaccine for your kid
- Three arrested in connection with Bangladesh building fire
- Yuvraj Singh Clears Up Rumors About Joining Politics
10 people including police personnel injured during BJP-Congress clash in Assam
At least 10 people including police personnel and workers of Congress and BJP were injured during a clash between the two political parties in Guwahati on Monday.
Guwahati : At least 10 people including police personnel and workers of Congress and BJP were injured during a clash between the two political parties in Guwahati on Monday.
Hundreds of BJP workers and supporters had gheraod the head quarter of Assam Pradesh Congress Committee in Guwahati and seeking Nilamoni Sen Deka’s ouster from the party for making objectionable comment against Smriti Irani on Sunday.
When the BJP workers-supporters protested infront of the Rajiv Bhawan, the Congress workers shouted against the BJP’s demand.
The situation turned more violent and at least 10 people including police personnel and workers-supporters from the parties were injured during a clash.
Police had used tear gas to control the violent situation.
The injured persons had rushed to Guwahati medical college hospital.
Police had detained several BJP workers after Congress filed complaint against the saffron party alleged to create the situation.
On other hand, Assam BJP unit had denied the Congress allegation and said that, Congress had made it by pre-planned.
“We have demanded to the Congress high command to take strong action against Nilamoni Sen Deka,” Assam BJP unit president Sarbananda Sonowal said.
“The Congress legislator had delivered the comment against the Union Human Resource Development minister Smriti Irani and Prime Minister Narendra Modi by instigate of Assam CM and state Congress unit president Anjan Dutta. We have already decided to file an FIR to court against Nilamoni Sen Deka,” Assam BJP leader and former minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
On Sunday, Congress MLA and former Agriculture minister of Tarun Gogoi led state government Nilamoni Sen Deka had said that many refer that Smriti Irani is the second wife of PM Narendra Modi.
Protests had spread up across the state by BJP workers and several women organizations protest against the Congress leader remarks.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)