- Karthik, Gulveer finish 2-3 in men's 10,000m race
- Narasaraopet: Public urged to avail of medical services
- Vijayawada: Democracy is not just polls, but adhering to statute
- Bopanna-Bhosale win mixed doubles gold
- Anhika, Suthirtha ensure India's first-ever medal in women's doubles
- Aditi closes in on historic gold; Indian women team in top spot
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today slashes, check the rates on October 1, 2023
- TDP’s Maha Padayatra today
- TDP to form joint panel with Jana Sena
- India beat Pak in thriller to bag quash team gold after 8 yrs
Modi to kick off BJP's Assam campaign on January 19
Prime minister Narendra Modi is all set to kick off BJP\'s Assam campaign on January 19 ahead of the state assembly poll hardly three months left.
Guwahati : Prime minister Narendra Modi is all set to kick off BJP's Assam campaign on January 19 ahead of the state assembly poll hardly three months left.
Modi will address a public rally in Kokrajhar on January 19, where he will likely to be announced RS 2000 crore special package to
Bodoland Territorial Council (BPF) and formally announced pre-poll alliance with Hagrama Mohilary led BPF.
BPF has now 12 MLA's in the 126 members Assam assembly, which earlier alliance with Tarun Gogoi led Congress government.
A top BJP leader said that, the saffron party will jointly fight with BPF and other tribal groups of the state in 2016 assembly poll.
BPF chief Hagrama Mohilary on January 7 said that, his party had decided to pre-poll alliance with BJP.
Hagrama, a Bodo leader who known very close to rebel Congress leader and present Chairman of BJP's election management committee
Himanta Biswa Sarma.
On other hand the saffron party has almost finalized its 43 assembly constituency candidate list.
"The state unit has almost finalized the candidate list of 43 assembly constituency and likely to be announced shortly, " a top BJP leader
On other hand, the voters of Batadraba assembly constituency, birth place of Saint Srimanta Sankardeva said that, BJP will capture the
constituency from Congress if the party will project a perfect candidate who well-known among the both hindu and muslim voters of the
The people and BJP workers, supporters of the constituency demanded to the party leaders to project former member of UNESCO and
retired agriculture district officer Dr Debabrata Borgohain as their candidate in Batadraba assembly constituency of the middle Assam.
The saffron party has made an campaign named "Assam Nirman" for the assembly poll.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)