- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Sandeep, Shivendra axed
New Delhi (PTI): Dragflicker Sandeep Singh and forward Shivendra Singh were the notable omissions in the list of 48 Indian probables announced on...
New Delhi (PTI): Dragflicker Sandeep Singh and forward Shivendra Singh were the notable omissions in the list of 48 Indian probables announced on Tuesday for next month's Asia Cup in Malaysia. Sandeep, who was picked for the World League Round 3 (Semifinal) played at Rotterdam, Netherlands last month, was dropped yet again after India's dismal show in the event. Shivendra also failed to find place in the list of probables, who will train in Bangalore from July 16 to August 16. The Asia Cup, which is into its ninth edition, will be held in Ipoh from August 24 to September 1. Hockey India Selectors B P Govinda, Savitri Purty, Chief Coach Michael Nobbs and Scientific Advisor Jason Konrath alongwith Government Observer Harbinder Singh selected the core probables. India is placed in pool B with Korea, Bangladesh and Oman while Pakistan, Malaysia, Japan and Chinese-Taipei are in Pool A. The Asia Cup is also the qualification tournament for the FIH Men's World Cup to be played in The Hague, The Netherlands from May 31 to June 15 next year. The list of 48 senior men core probables includes seven goalkeepers, nine defenders, 12 midfielders and 20 forwards.