- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
- No conditions set for women’s free travel in govt buses, says Minister Ramalinga Reddy
- Textbook revision ahead to ensure students’ minds are not ‘polluted’
- Karnataka Govt enhances DA for its employees from 31% to 35%
- Mandarthi Yakshagana season 2022-23 ends on a high note
Captain Cool fumes at ‘Sachine’
Captain Cool Fumes at ‘Sachine’, Cricket Association of Bengal, Celebrations of Sachin's 199th Match. Before the interaction began, Dhoni criticised the CAB for a goof-up in spelling Tendulkar's name on a giant billboard put up near the electronic scorecard at the High Court end.
After reportedly annoying Sachin Tendulkar with its over-enthusiastic preparations for his 199th Test, the Cricket Association of Bengal on Tuesday invited criticism from Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni during the customary pre-match press conference ahead of the opening Test against the West Indies.
Before the interaction began, Dhoni criticised the CAB for a goof-up in spelling Tendulkar's name on a giant billboard put up near the electronic scorecard at the High Court end.
"First tell me who has misspelt Sachin's name inside the stadium? This is a very big (mistake)! It's there inside the stadium," Dhoni said while pointing out that Sachin had been misspelt 'Sachine' by the CAB.
The billboard with the portrait of Tendulkar by Jogen Chowdhury mentioned "Celebrating Sachine Tendulkar 199th Test match", bringing more embarrassment to the CAB.
Tendulkar on Monday appeared unhappy with CAB's bursting of confetti when he entered the stadium and other arrangements.
The CAB installed of a wax statue, while 80 school children wearing T-shirts with Tendulkar's image and 199 written on the back lined up till the dressing room to greet the maestro while he disembarked the team bus.
Asked about Tendulkar's body language, Dhoni said: "You expect me to judge somebody's body language? There are some things, I leave to you guys to judge."
The CAB, however, denied reports of Tendulkar being unhappy claiming that the reports were baseless.