- Facts about safe blood donation
- French Open: Fernandez-Townsend beat Gauff-Pegula to reach women's doubles final
- Common diabetes drug may cut long Covid risk by 40%: Lancet
- Asking other nations to intervene in India's issues could invite bigger problems: Jaishankar
- Vidyut on his death-defying stunts: It scares me but that's the first part
- Under Modi, farm income has halved, agri cost has doubled, says Chhattisgarh CM
- 5 days not enough to file nominations for Bengal panchayat polls: Calcutta High Court
- Congress Appoints district in charge ministers
- Amarnath Yatra: Home Minister Amit Shah takes stock of preparations, security
- Rashmika Mandanna announced as the brand ambassador for Epson India
Asian Games 2018: Rahi Sarnobat becomes first Indian woman to shoot Asiad gold
Rahi Sarnobat on Wednesday became the first Indian woman shooter to win an Asian Games gold medal as she triumphed after prevailing in a double shootoff in the 25m pistol event here
Palembang: Rahi Sarnobat on Wednesday became the first Indian woman shooter to win an Asian Games gold medal as she triumphed after prevailing in a double shoot-off in the 25m pistol event here.
The 27-year-old shot a games record score on her way to wining the yellow metal at the Jakabaring Shooting Range.
The final went into shoot-off after Rahi and Naphaswan Yangpaiboon of Thailand were tied on 34 points. Both Rahi and Yangpaiboon shot four out of five shots in the first shoot-off, and then in the second shoot-off the Indian prevailed over her opponent by missing one less.
#TeamIndia at the #AsianGames2018— Team India (@ioaindia) August 22, 2018
Welcome home Gold No. 4!! 🥇🇮🇳 #RahiSarnobat in the 2nd decider shoot-off claims victory with a Games Record in the Women's 25m Air Pistol Finals. #ManuBhaker finished 6th. Bravo #RahiSarnobat winning India's 11th medal👏👏🇮🇳#IAmTeamIndia pic.twitter.com/JeZsR7COGQ
However, it turned out to be a disappointing outing for the fancied Manu Bhaker, as the 16-year-old finished sixth after entering the final with a qualification games record score of 593.