A festival is incomplete without special desserts and delicacies, and Holi makes it merrier as gorging on rich and savoury dishes is an add on to the...
A festival is incomplete without special desserts and delicacies, and Holi makes it merrier as gorging on rich and savoury dishes is an add on to the carnival of colours. To make your celebrations extra sweet, here is a unique recipe that would brighten up your spirits.
This Thandai Phirni is a twist on the traditional Phirni recipe.
- 250 grams milk, full cream
- 1/2 cup rice, soaked in water for at least 3 hours
- 2 Cardamom (Pods /Seeds), crushed
- Saffron - 15-20 strands (Soaked in 2 tbsp milk )
- Thandai masala powder - 3 tbsp
- 1 cup Sugar, adjustable
- 2 tablespoons almonds & pista, thinly sliced
- To begin making the Creamy Phirni recipe, boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Once it starts boiling, add the green cardamom into the milk.
- In the mean time, take rice and grind coarsely in a grinder by adding a little water.
- Add sugar in the boiling milk, thandai, kesar milk and then add rice into it. Stir it for at-least 20 minutes or till it gets thick.
- When it starts getting thick, switch off the stove and let it cool properly.
- Pour it in kullads (earthen pots) and put it in fridge for 2 to 3 hours. Now take it out, garnish it with sliced nuts and serve it chilled.
- Serve Creamy Thadai Phirni as a dessert after your scrumptious meal or make it during holi to celebrate the festival.