AirTouch system to allow users to mute tv
AirTouch System To Allow Users To Mute Tv. Soon, Put Finger On Your Lips To 'Shush' Your TV!
Washington: A new technology, unveiled at the ongoing CES 2014 in Las Vegas, reportedly allows users to ' shush' their television sets by putting a finger on their lips.
The software-based gesture technology by PointGrab works with standard 2D cameras, including webcam.
According to Mashable, Point Grab’s AirTouch system allows users to point at icons on interfaces as though they were pressing buttons and also grab and drag virtual controls, including drawing desired channel number in the air, scrub back and forth in the video and quiet the system by putting a finger to lips.
The Israeli-based company has collaborated with Samsung for Smart TVs, Lenovo and relatively little-known CE manufacturer TCL.
PointGrab CMO Assaf Gad said that their tech was different from 3D sensing technology because what they do is focus on controlling device by tracking face, hands and fingers.
The company has also announced a partnership with SunPlus Innovation (SunPlusIT) to add gesture control to air conditioners, window shades and lights, the report added.
- PM Narendra Modi appreciated the efforts of Six Sigma in Kedarnath
- Akhilesh Yadav sacks party panelists
- NDA MPs to meet Saturday to formally elect Modi as leader
- Lok Sabha polls: Only 5 super rich candidates taste victory, richest one loses deposit
- BJP will follow tit for tat policy to counter TMC : Dilip Ghosh