Canine cops vital role in crime detection
Whenever police solves a mystery or nabs thieves or identifies planted bombs or prevents any major incident, all the credit goes to the police personnel only. Everybody forgets the actual heroes behind these heroic acts. But in practical, it is the police dogs that play a key role in tracing culprits of murder or theft and in nullifying claymore mines in association with the bomb disposal squad.
Nalgonda: Whenever police solves a mystery or nabs thieves or identifies planted bombs or prevents any major incident, all the credit goes to the police personnel only. Everybody forgets the actual heroes behind these heroic acts. But in practical, it is the police dogs that play a key role in tracing culprits of murder or theft and in nullifying claymore mines in association with the bomb disposal squad.
Dog squads also render their services in protecting the President, whenever he tours in the State. The Nalgonda Dog Squad played a key role in tracing the culprits of Rs one crore theft case within four hours of the incident. The robbery took place on the outskirts of Nalgonda town a couple of days ago.
In this case, the police dogs successfully tracked one of the culprits’ house located in Kattalguda of Nalgonda town. District SP Vikram Jeet Duggal appreciated the dog personally during a press meet held here on Friday and announced reward to the dog on par with police personnel.
According to Kuchipudi Chinna Babu, the in-charge of Nalgonda Dog Squad and Head constable, the Dog Squad established in the district in 1998 with two dogs and now has five dogs. Of these, one is German Sheppard, three are Labrador and the fifth one is a Doberman. Every day hygienic food will be provided to these dogs before 8 am in the morning and before 6 pm in the evening without fail.
Each dog will be kept in a separate room with fan, cooler and proper ventilation on the premises of DPO office. It is the duty of the police staff who works in the squad to take personal and medical care of these dogs. The police of the squad will take the dogs for a walk daily at 5.45 am. Later they have to practice tracing of bombs, tracking the culprits etc. As per the official information, these are the few achievements of the Nalgonda police dogs.
• During SP Shivadhar Reddy tenure, Naxals killed a constable at Mall village of Marriguda mandal and arranged Claymore mines in a anthill aimed at DIG level officer who comes to the spot. The Dog squad with the help of dogs detected the bombs and nullified before the officials came to the spot.
• The Dog squad quashed the three Claymore mines arranged at Chottuppal-Pochampally road center. This was done during the tenure of SP Shivadhar Reddy.
• The Dog squad successfully removed Claymore mines set up at Rachakonda hill aimed at killing former DIG Swaranjeeth Sen during his visit to the spot where four members 0f Naxals group were killed in exchange of fire between police and Naxals.
• Police dogs played an important role in Bibinagar murder case in identifying the culprits by smelling the aroma of culprits. In this case, the accused have burnt and buried a person after killing him, two months ago.
• The Dog squad played a key role in tracing the culprit house, who was involved in a murder case that took place three months ago under Kangal police station limits.
• They also succeeded in nabbing the accused in the murder case of aged woman who was killed for gold ear rings. This was occurred in Nalgonda Two town limits last month.
It is learnt that Nalgonda police dog German Sheppard bagged gold medal during dogs’ training programme of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Tripura, which was organised earlier in Hyderabad.