- Naidu to meet Amit Shah in Delhi Today
- Gen-AI, creating more Job Opportunities in the IT sector
- Odisha Train accident: Coromandel express took wrong track, says signalling dept
- South-Indian highest opening day grosser; ‘RRR’ tops the list
- Apple to open 3 more exclusive stores in India; find details
- YS Avinash Reddy appears before CBI in YS Viveka murder case today
- Karnataka: youth ends life over alleged police high-handedness in Haveri
- Odisha train accident: 21 passengers heading to Rajahmahendravaram reported safe
- Vicky Kaushal and Sara Ali Khan’s latest rom-com surprises with its first day collections
- Odisha train mishap: Rescue operation underway in 2 badly damaged coaches
Telangana tops in power consumption
Telangana has secured first place in the country in power consumption and per capita power consumption during the year 201718
Hyderabad: Telangana has secured first place in the country in power consumption and per capita power consumption during the year 2017-18.
As per the data announced by the Central Electricity Authority, the Telangana state achieved the highest annual growth rate of 13.62 per cent in power consumption.
This achievement is 122.91 per cent more than a country’s average growth rate.
Uttar Pradesh which has more population than Telangana could register 11.92 per cent growth rate to secure the second position after Telangana with 7.43 per cent growth rate. Andhra Pradesh is in the third place.
In 2016-17, in Telangana, the power consumption was 53,017 million units. In 2017-18, with 13.62 growth rate, the power consumption was 60,237 million units.