- Kishan slams KCR for skipping PM’s programmes
- Hyderabad: Mahesh Bhagwat gives away Grand Ganesha Awards-2023
- Harish condemns Chandrababu’s arrest
- Hyderabad sees remarkable growth in green office spaces
- We have ongoing problem with Canada: Jaishankar
- Umang 2.0: This expo has everything from papad to diamonds
- New York City declares emergency over flash flooding
- Indian High Commissioner's gurdwara visit blocked by pro-Khalistan extremists
- TS govt sans Nari Shakti: Governor
- Rs 2,000 note exchange date extended till Oct 7
ICGS Rajveer commissioned
Visakhapatnam: ICGS Rajveer – seventh in a series of eight Inshore Patrol Vessels (IPVs) of eight IPVs designed and built by GRSE, Kolkota...
Visakhapatnam: ICGS Rajveer – seventh in a series of eight Inshore Patrol Vessels (IPVs) of eight IPVs designed and built by GRSE, Kolkota – was commissioned on Saturday by RK Mathur, Defence Secretary, in the presence of Vice Admiral Anurag G Thapliyal, AVSM, Director-General, Indian Coast Guard, Inspector-General SP Sharma, PTM, TM, Commander, Coast Guard Region (East), and other senior officials of the Central and the State governments. Other guests included Vice Admiral Bimal Verma, Chief of Staff, Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command (ENC), Flag Officers, Commanding Officers and Senior Officers from the ships and establishments based in Visakhapatnam.
On arrival at the HSL jetty, the chief guest was received by Vice Admiral Anurag G Thapliyal. The Defence Secretary was presented a 50-man guard and introduced to the ship officers and the senior sailors thereafter. The inaugural address was delivered by Rear Admiral (retd) AK Verma, chairman and managing director of GRSE. Vice Admiral Anurag Thapliyal delivered the keynote address. Thereafter, Commandant Rajiv Ranjan, Commanding Officer ICGS Rajveer, read out the commissioning warrant. Hoisting of the Coast Guard ensign onboard for the first time and breaking of the commissioning pennant with the National Anthem being played marked the completion of the commissioning ceremony.