- Hockey Punjab lifts 13th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship 2023 trophy
- Ind vs Aus, T20Is: Maxwell equals Rohit Sharma with record ton and leads Australia to thrilling victory
- Lovely Professional University to host 109th Indian Science Congress from Jan 3, 2024
- President, Shah, Priyanka hail successful tunnel rescue mission
- BCCI takes Byju's to National Company Law Tribunal; reports
- J&K L-G hosts international cricket players
- Odisha CM launches AMA bank scheme
- IFFI 2023: Persian film ‘Endless Borders’ wins Golden Peacock; 'Kantara' bags Special Jury Award
- Protests at NIT, Srinagar against 'inflammatory' post by non-local student
- ‘Your courage an inspiration to others,’ says Modi after successful tunnel rescue mission
Former IAS officer Santhosh Babu joins Kamal Haasan's MNM party
Former IAS officer Santhosh Babu on Tuesday joined Makkal Needhi Maiam floated by actor turned politician Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Former IAS officer Santhosh Babu on Tuesday joined Makkal Needhi Maiam floated by actor turned politician Kamal Haasan. Babu has been made the party's General Secretary-Headquarters.
Speaking to the media here, Kamal Haasan said that Babu -- who had taken voluntary retirement after serving the Tamil Nadu government -- will handle the party's information technology, data, research and other issues.
Babu said he foresees IT-enabled predictive governance, which would obviate the need for people to go to government offices for applying for documents.
Kamal Haasan said he would seek Rajinikanth's support in the 2021 Tamil Nadu Assembly polls. The MNM founder said that if Rajinikanth enters politics he too would contest.