- Edible oil brand Sunpure launches new campaign
- Devotees rush to Tirumala reduces slightly today, to take 18 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Gold and silver rates today stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 31 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Parts of state likely to receive rains with lightning strikes
- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
Huawei to launch Mate X foldable phone in India
Premium smartphone maker Huawei on Wednesday said it would launch its foldable 5G smartphone 'Mate X' in India in 2019.
Premium smartphone maker Huawei on Wednesday said it would launch its foldable 5G smartphone 'Mate X' in India in 2019. According to the smartphone player, Mate X would be launched by mid-year and considering India as an important market, it would be introduced here soon after.
According to Wally Yang, Senior Product Marketing Director, Huawei Consumer Business Group: "India is an important market for us and we have been consistently investing and expanding our footprint in the market."
"The unveiling of the 'HUAWEI Mate X' was the first key for consumers to open the door to 5G smart living. We want our customers here to witness Huawei's global 5G technological strength, and experience this technology marvel," he added.
However, the company had said at the Mobile World Congress 2019 (MWC) in Barcelona that the foldable device's availability would depend on the 5G network in the country.
The device houses the latest Leica cameras, supporting advanced imaging features to date. The foldable design lets the camera system play the role of both front and rear cameras. When folded, the HUAWEI Mate X shows a view finder on both sides so even the subjects in the frame can contribute to the creative process, the company said.
As Huawei's first 5G smartphone, the Mate X runs on the Balong 5000 chipset, which is the world's first multi-mode 5G processor with 7nm process and thus supports 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G with a single chip.
With its "Falcon Wing Mechanical" hinge, when unfolded, the 6.6-inch dual display panel transforms into an 8-inch tablet that is only 5.4-mm thick. It features a high-capacity 4500mAh battery supporting the world's fastest 55W "HUAWEI SuperCharge". In just 30 minutes, the technology can charge the battery to 85 per cent.