- Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma unveiled his new office RGV DEN in Hyderabad
- Srikakulam: Hand pumps damaged across the district
- ZP Genral Body Meeting held in Chittoor, Minister Ramchandra Reddy attended
- Warangal: Minister Errabelli Dayakar Rao distributes units under various schemes
- India outshine Japan 1-0 to enter final of Women's Jr Asia Cup, qualify for FIH Jr Hockey Women's World Cup
- TS government giving boost to caste-based professions
- Software engineer jumps off from building in Hyderabad, dies
- Microsoft Bing brings images in chat responses
- Khammam: A different ball game for Bandi Sanjay Kumar
- Mekapati Chandrashekhar Reddy meets Nara Lokesh in Badvel, extends solidarity
Bhadrakali bund to be the best: Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar
Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar, who on Thursday inspected the progress of the Rs 22 crore-Bhadrakali Lake Foreshore Development Project, has directed the officials to speed up the work.
Warangal: Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar, who on Thursday inspected the progress of the Rs 22 crore-Bhadrakali Lake Foreshore Development Project, has directed the officials to speed up the work.
He heaped praise on the State government for its special interest to develop the Bhadrakali bund under the National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY), a Central government's ambitious project aimed at holistic development of heritage cities. In addition to the Central funds, the State government also provided Rs 5 crore with the intervention of MA&UD Minister KT Rama Rao, he added.
With green colonnades, open-air gym, walking track, playing area, integrated landscape lighting, parking etc to complement the picturesque lake front, the promenade would surely become one of the best exotic locations in the country, Vinay said. He said that Bhadrakali bund promenade would be better than Tank Bund and Necklace Road in Hyderabad.
He said that the project is expected to attract domestic and foreign tourists in large numbers. The Rejuvenation of Padmakshi Lake & Development of Jain sites on Hanamkonda hill will also add flavour to the tourism potential, he said.
Stating that 95 per cent of the work on Bhadrakali bund was completed, the Chief Whip said that it will take another 10 days for the remaining work. Plans are afoot to inaugurate the promenade by KTR, he said.
Kakatiya Urban Development Authority (KUDA) chairman Marri Yadava Reddy, Farmers Debt Relief Commission Nagurla Venkateshwarlu, KUDA Vice-Chairman and Municipal Commissioner N Ravi Kiran, Project officer E Ajith Reddy, EE Bheem Rao and DE Venkateshwarlu were among others present.
In another programme, Chief Whip Vinay Bhaskar distributed cheques worth around Rs 1.08 crore to 114 beneficiaries belonging to Hanamkonda and Kazipet mandals under Kalyana Lakshmi and Shaadi Mubarak schemes.
"The scheme has not only brought down child marriages but also but also made parents who considered girl child as a burden owing to the expenses involved in getting them married feel comfortable," Vinay said, heaping praise on Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao for making it possible.