- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
- Kashmiri activist Yana Mir accuses Delhi Customs of 'harassment' at IGI Airport
Don't cut trees during road widening in Kamareddy: Speaker Pocharam Srinivas
Assembly Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy gave a call to all to increase forest cover in the State to 33 per cent to conserve
Kamareddy: Assembly Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy gave a call to all to increase forest cover in the State to 33 per cent to conserve. He planted saplings on Gandhari crossroads here on Monday as part of sixth phase of Haritha Haram in Kamareddy district.
Speaking on the occasion, Speaker Srinivasa Reddy said Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao is making a concerted effort to increase the forest cover across the State.
And urged the people to plant saplings to increase green cover in the district.
He expressed happy as the district administration is planting 40,000 saplings along a 40-kilometer stretch from Gandhari crossroads to Banswada.
Asking the people and officials to protect the planted saplings, the Speaker ordered the district administration not to cut these trees during road widening in future.
MP BB Patil, Yellareddy MLA Jajala Surender, ZP Chairman Shobha, Jukkal MLA Hanmanth Shinde, NDCCB Chairman Pocharam Bhaskar Reddy, District Collector Dr A Sharath and Additional Collector P Yadi Reddy participated in the programme.