ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Manuguru Superfast Express caught fire due to electric short circuit

Manuguru Superfast Express caught fire due to electric short circuit
Highlights

Vigilant railway staff assured that passengers got off the compartments safely. None was injured in the incident.

Kothagudem: On Monday midnight, an electric short-circuit prompted fire in two coaches of Hyderabad bound Manuguru Superfast Express (17025). Vigilant railway staff assured that passengers got off the compartments safely. None was injured.

The mishap took place when the train arrived at Kothagudem railway station from Manuguru on its onward journey. The railway officials said the smoke caused by the fire engulfed air-conditioned A1 and B1 coaches.

Though, there was no injured person in the incident as the passengers on-board got notified with smoke in the coaches. They broke the emergency exit window glass and jumped out of the coaches and the doors that were still safe to use.

Later the railway officials detached the coaches affected by the fire. During the wee hours of Tuesday, the train was allowed to depart, by making alternative arrangements for passengers in the coaches which were affected by the fire incident.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top