- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
No doubt about genuineness of results using EVMs: TRS
The ruling TRS in Telangana on Wednesday said it does not have doubts about the genuineness of the election results using EVMs with VVPATs.
HYDERABAD: The ruling TRS in Telangana on Wednesday said it does not have doubts about the genuineness of the election results using EVMs with VVPATs.
"We don't have that kind of doubt. Earlier, we had raised some doubts. But it was clarified time and again and proved right by the EC, whatever their version. After that, we are convinced... we have won some elections
and lost some..." TRS MLC Palla Rajeshwara Reddy told PTI.
He was asked about the Election Commission rejecting the opposition demand to first count the VVPAT slips.
TRS had also lost many elections in the past, Reddy said.
"We are satisfied and we will go by whether we get positive or negative results. We will go by... that it is the people''s mandate," he said.
The opposition had approached the EC on Tuesday and demanded that the five random VVPATs be counted first so that if there was a problem or a mismatch, all such slips can be counted before it is too late.