- Kejriwal recalls ex-PM Manmohan Singh's dedication on his 91st birthday
- Agri-tech startups suffer 45% fall in investments
- Indian Oil unveils first hydrogen bus
- KTR lays stone for five bridges across Musi
- Golconda Fort gets fresh start; community cleaning by NCC cadets
- Governor inaugurates blood donation camp
- State BJP hails Guv for rejecting two BRS names for MLC seats
- Decision raises questions about fairness of process
- Governor has no right to hold office, says Vemula
- Skin Care tips that work like magic
People shouldn't unite on caste basis in Karimnagar
The State secretary of the Jana Vignana Vedika, Urumalla Vishwam on Saturday demanded the government to remove the community based societies and encourage professional based unions.
Karimnagar: The State secretary of the Jana Vignana Vedika, Urumalla Vishwam on Saturday demanded the government to remove the community based societies and encourage professional based unions.
A programme in the name of 'honour killing in the name of castes' was organised by the representatives of Jai Bharath Association here in Karimnagar. Attending as a chief guest to the programme, Urumalla Vishwam said that in the recent past many cases of honour killing occurred at various places across the nation. There is a need to reform in the caste based societies.
Due to honour killing the society is going back instead of developing. People should not unite on caste basis, but should come forward to be united on the basis of occupation and profession.
Earlier, only some people use to take up the profession of doctor, layer and teacher but now all sections of people are taking them as professions so, instead of treating the people on the basis of caste and communities, it is better to treat them in the name of their occupation and profession they are doing, he suggested.
The members of the Jai Bharat Association Ramana Murthy, Loknath, Rajini, Satyam, Venkanna, Jeevan, Joyal, Sudhakar, Shaik Saitha, Advocate Venu Gopal, Srinivas, Sanjay Kumar, Suresh, Ram Reddy and others were present.