- PL Stock Report - Apollo Hospitals Enterprise (APHS IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Strong FY24 guidance across segments - BUY
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 01 June 2023
- Daggubati brothers to clash at box-office
- ‘Jailer’ actress Mirnaa discloses important elements of the film
- ‘Guntur Kaaram’ next big update will be on this date
- Three Tirumala devotees of Telangana dead after car hits bus in Tirupati
- DQ’s ‘King of Kotha,’ in final stages of post production
- Elon Musk Is The World's Richest Man Once Again
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 01 June 2023
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 01 June 2023
TRS sweeps Karimnagar MPP elections
Grabs 14 MPPs, TRS-supported independent candidate secures the remaining one seat
Karimnagar: Continuing its winning streak, the ruling Telangana Rashtra Smiti (TRS) grabbed majority of MPPs in the elections held in Karimnagar district on Friday.
In Karimnagar the Parishad elections were held in two phases on May 6 and May 10 for about 15 ZPTC and 178 MPTC seats. The TRS party swept Zilla Parishad elections by winning all 15 ZPTC seats while in Mandal Parishad elections, it could won 99 MPTC seats.
In the Mandal Parishad President (MPP) elections on Friday, the TRS party won 14 out of 15MPPs in the district. The remaining one seat was won by independent candidate in Choppadandi with the support extended by the TRS party. TRS had won all the seven MPPs under Husnabad Assembly constituency.
Even though, the TRS did not get majority in Chigurumamidi and Saidapur mandals in which the independents had won majority of MPTC seats, the TRS grabbed both MPP seats with the support extended by the independent candidates to the TRS party candidates.
While in Choppadandi, with the support extended by TRS party to independents, Independent candidate Chiluka Ravinder won MPP seat.
It is to be noted that the elections for Zilla Parishad chairpersons, vice-chairpersons are going to be held on June 8. This election will be only a formality as the pink party has won all the 15 ZPTC seats.