- Mangroves to be developed at Bhimunivaripalem
- Hyderabad: TASA spreads awareness on need to protect environment
- Eco-Vizag to focus on five mantras
- OTT: This Simbu’s film is now available on Amazon Prime
- Tirupati: Rallies, plantation programmes mark World Environment Day
- ‘Adipurush’ pre release event: Never seen before arrangements going on at the venue
- Sivakarthikeyan finishes dubbing for ‘Maaveeran’
- World Environment Day: Measures to conserve environment highlighted
- Rangareddy: Man held for selling fake cotton seeds
- Hyderabad: 200 police officers deployed at Haj camp
Don't pay garbage collection tax: CPM
CPM leaders staged a dharna at the Municipal office on Saturday appealing people not to pay garbage collection tax for solid waste management to civic body being collected from the households.
Nellore: CPM leaders staged a dharna at the Municipal office on Saturday appealing people not to pay garbage collection tax for solid waste management to civic body being collected from the households.
Party rural secretary Madala Venkateswarlu, who organised the protest, said that the two Covid waves have been completed and the third one is expected to hit the lives.
This would be an additional financial burden on the people who have been suffering from severe miseries, he said.
Venkateswarlu said, adding fuel to the fire, the state government was calculating house tax on the basis of value of property which is ridiculous.
He said people were opposing to pay the garbage tax and he announced solidary to people who are agitating on the issue.