- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Home composting unit inaugurated
Ongole Municipal Corporation commissioner K Sakunthala inaugurated the home composting system placed at the Anganwadi centre at 12th division in Marathipalem in Ongole on Tuesday.
Ongole: Ongole Municipal Corporation commissioner K Sakunthala inaugurated the home composting system placed at the Anganwadi centre at 12th division in Marathipalem in Ongole on Tuesday. As part of the initiative to promote home composting in the town, the urban local body has taken up a movement to educate people on 'Our Waste- Our Responsibility' and encourage them to set up home composting units in the apartments, Anganwadi centres, and other places.
After the inauguration of the home composting unit at the Anganwadi centre, Sakunthala said that the public should learn waste management and convert the wet waste from the kitchen into compost. She advised the public that the produced compost can be utilised for their plants or the corporation would purchase it, generating revenue from the waste. She announced that the corporation would introduce the home composting system in all Anganwadi schools in the town.